~=8 Character Passwords Are Dead=~
New benchmark from the Hashcat Team shows a 2080Ti GPU passing 100 Billion password guesses per second (NTLM hash).
This means that the entire keyspace, or every possible combination of:
...of an 8 character password can be guessed in:
(8x 2080Ti GPUs against NTLM Windows hash)
"Hey, dad, guess what your grand-daughter wants to be when she grows up?"
"I'm guessing Experimental Paradoxist."
"Expe- How did you know?"
"I spent my youth trying to not get killed by her adult self."
"Oh. Well, she gets timetravelling from her mother's side."
#MicroFiction #TootFic #SmallStories
A bit of a status update on work this month:
* #Fortress is getting a face-lift of its detection of h-cards so it'll be more accurate.
* #Koype is entering a heavy bug-fixing mode and its CI system is being locked down.
* The landing site is being re-built to highlight Patreon contributors (been punting on this for some time)
I'll be updating the Patreon followers over at http://patreon.com/jackyalcine with more updates (that'll be the place until a more solid bridge is in place).
@elementary what laptops do you recommend?
Game of fill in the blanks! It's surprising it's possible to get this with so few clues, give it a try Show more
____ ____ ____ you up
____ ____ ____ ____ down
Never ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ you
fediverse dev complaints Show more
open registration: any and all assholes can flood your instance
closed registration: no one can sign up
This is the worst binary and it's ridiculous that we're still stuck with it in 2019.
For the love of all things not shitty, please start making admin-approval ques for signups. That instances for years now have to have a separate form on a separate website to moderate their communities is really silly.
And for the love of fuck, hire an anti-abuse consultant.
@balrogboogie then I imagine our experiences will be quite similar :D
@balrogboogie just did mine and it was pretty painless, but mine is quite small...
@sophia let me tell you something. if you think i'm going to let you get away with spreading lies then you're wrong.
gmail isn't FOSS.
FOSS is stuff like microsoft edge and apple safari because they're free and let you open the source code of the website by clicking view source, makin them Free "Open (the) Source" Software - FOSS
@lynnesbian @sophia I firmly disagree. Here are the reasons why Gmail is #FOSS:
* No vendor lock in, you can send messages to people who do not use gmail
* No lock in in the UI either, you can use Thunderbird if you choose to and Gmail would still work
* Not only can you view the source code but you can also save it (Ctrl+S) and upload it to your cloud. Giving you the opportunity to have your own Gmail.
* It starts with a G, like GNU
All of this combined is more than enough to call Gmail #FOSS
Oh, the link to try this out yourself is over at https://fortress.black.af/demo?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjacky.wtf
MIMS 2010. Living in Western Mass. now and working as a PM.
A Mastodon server for the UC Berkeley I School students and alumni (unaffiliated with UC Berkeley or the I School administration)